Implementing set_mempolicy support

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Mar 21 05:17:49 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Daniel Xu <dxu at dxuuu.xyz> wrote:
> I'm interested in getting rr to support set_mempolicy(2). Before I begin
> to hack the code base, I'd like to get a gauge on the difficulty of this
> task. If there were any past attempts / failures I'd like to know that
> as well.

As far as I can tell from the man page, this system call has no
user-visible effects other than its return value (and some performance
side effects). Therefore it should be as simple as changing it from
'UnsupportedSyscall' to 'EmulatedSyscall' in syscalls.py, and writing
a test. See cd502dbff705d928ed396baf94375b7885bdd18a for an example of
how to write a test.

AFAIK no-one has tried to do this before.

lbir ye,ea yer.tnietoehr  rdn rdsme,anea lurpr  edna e hnysnenh hhe uresyf toD
selthor  stor  edna  siewaoeodm  or v sstvr  esBa  kbvted,t rdsme,aoreseoouoto
o l euetiuruewFa  kbn e hnystoivateweh uresyf tulsa rehr  rdm  or rnea lurpr
.a war hsrer holsa rodvted,t  nenh hneireseoouot.tniesiewaoeivatewt sstvr  esn