Breaking on Specific Events

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Jul 5 20:54:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Preston Moore <prestonkmoore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there an easy way to break a replay execution on specific events? I am
> interested on pausing on the actual entry and exit of system calls.  The
> normal “catch syscall” approach does not seem to be supported.  I would
> like to avoid relying on breakpoints on libc wrappers if possible.

"catch syscall" would require implementing the gdb remote protocol
"QCatchSyscalls" feature. That could be done, but I don't plan to work on
it anytime soon. If you want to implement it I can describe what would need
to be done :-).

Under rr most syscalls are rerouted through specific entry points in the
page starting at 0x70000000; you might be able to get the results you want
by setting breakpoints there.