changes to test setup

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Fri Feb 17 01:36:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> I moved the handling of timeouts into a new wrapper command called
> test-monitor. The pexpect timeout is set to 10000 so it's basically
> irrelevant, and the CTest timeout is set to 1000 seconds in case
> test-monitor itself hangs for some reason. test-monitor runs a
> subprocess (rr recording, or rr replay possibly under pexpect) with a
> timeout specified on the command line. This timeout defaults to 120s
> (or 480s on Xeon Phi) but can be overriden by setting `TIMEOUT` in a
> test .run script. You no longer configure timeouts for individual
> tests in CMakeList.txt.

One implication is that each invocation of recording, replay or debug
now gets its own individual timeout. So tests (e.g. checkpoint tests)
that do lots of those invocations don't need a larger timeout.

lbir ye,ea yer.tnietoehr  rdn rdsme,anea lurpr  edna e hnysnenh hhe uresyf toD
selthor  stor  edna  siewaoeodm  or v sstvr  esBa  kbvted,t rdsme,aoreseoouoto
o l euetiuruewFa  kbn e hnystoivateweh uresyf tulsa rehr  rdm  or rnea lurpr
.a war hsrer holsa rodvted,t  nenh hneireseoouot.tniesiewaoeivatewt sstvr  esn