rr 4.5.0 released

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Feb 7 21:39:27 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Sidharth Kshatriya
<sid.kshatriya at gmail.com> wrote:
> DynamoRIO is an impressive project in its own right and an integration of
> its relevant parts with rr is something that's going to be simply amazing.
> Will it be a feasible platform to do string searches, taint tracking just
> like Panda or does it have some limitation?

I think you could do whatever Panda can do subject to the limitation
that you only see user-space, not the kernel.

> Is this tool intended to be Commercial? Open Source but with some
> restrictions/limitations for commercial use? purely Open Source?

Don't know, we'll see.

> I look forward to a blog post and release of this project. Any hints on when
> that might happen :-) ?

Don't know, we'll see :-).

Thanks,
lbir ye,ea yer.tnietoehr  rdn rdsme,anea lurpr  edna e hnysnenh hhe uresyf toD
selthor  stor  edna  siewaoeodm  or v sstvr  esBa  kbvted,t rdsme,aoreseoouoto
o l euetiuruewFa  kbn e hnystoivateweh uresyf tulsa rehr  rdm  or rnea lurpr
.a war hsrer holsa rodvted,t  nenh hneireseoouot.tniesiewaoeivatewt sstvr  esn