rr 4.5.0 released

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Mon Feb 6 05:28:29 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Sidharth Kshatriya
<sid.kshatriya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Generally speaking I've found that DynamoRio can be quite crash-y in Linux.
> Complex applications e.g. Firefox do not seem to work with it for instance.
> What has your experience been?
>
> Does using this new (currently closed source) tool help in any way with the
> stability of DynamoRio or makes no difference? I'm guessing it makes no
> difference but just asking...

It's much more stable. I'm only using the (dis)assembler bits of
DynamoRio, and it turns out that doing instrumentation only during
replay makes instrumentation simpler and more performant. I'll write a
blog post about it someday I promise :-).

lbir ye,ea yer.tnietoehr  rdn rdsme,anea lurpr  edna e hnysnenh hhe uresyf toD
selthor  stor  edna  siewaoeodm  or v sstvr  esBa  kbvted,t rdsme,aoreseoouoto
o l euetiuruewFa  kbn e hnystoivateweh uresyf tulsa rehr  rdm  or rnea lurpr
.a war hsrer holsa rodvted,t  nenh hneireseoouot.tniesiewaoeivatewt sstvr  esn