rr 4.5.0 released

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sat Feb 4 10:41:39 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Sidharth Kshatriya
<sid.kshatriya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you tell us about the extent of go support?

I don't think it's really been tested. Some simple Go programs work. I
would expect large ones to work too, but they might hit some new bugs.

> Also intrigued about the integration with DynamoRio. What ability or
> features will the integration allow?

Basically you can do the same things that Valgrind and DynamoRio can
do, but you record normally and then do the instrumentation work
during replay. So you could for example build a memcheck tool where
you record with rr's normal (hopefully low) overhead and then later
run your tool on a replay of that execution. There's a system like
this for QEMU called PANDA, but this is lower overhead and for rr.

lbir ye,ea yer.tnietoehr  rdn rdsme,anea lurpr  edna e hnysnenh hhe uresyf toD
selthor  stor  edna  siewaoeodm  or v sstvr  esBa  kbvted,t rdsme,aoreseoouoto
o l euetiuruewFa  kbn e hnystoivateweh uresyf tulsa rehr  rdm  or rnea lurpr
.a war hsrer holsa rodvted,t  nenh hneireseoouot.tniesiewaoeivatewt sstvr  esn