Crash when recording clock_gettime

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Aug 29 08:26:51 UTC 2017

Thanks!

rr: Saving execution to trace directory `/home/bki/.local/share/rr/a.o
> ut-33'.
> [Monkeypatcher] monkeypatched __vdso_gettimeofday to syscall 96 at
> 0x7ffcb45fcc30 (0xc30)
> [Monkeypatcher] monkeypatched __vdso_time to syscall 201 at 0x7ffcb45fce10
> (0xe10)
> [Monkeypatcher] monkeypatched __vdso_getcpu to syscall 309 at
> 0x7ffcb45fce30 (0xe30)
> [Monkeypatcher] Patched syscall at 0x7ffcb45fcc37 syscall gettimeofday tid
> 12700 bytes 0x90 0x90 0x90 0xc3 0 0
> Segmentation fault
> ----

rr should be patching __vdso_clock_gettime in the VDSO, but it's failing to
do so for some reason.

Btw: Where can I learn more about the possible settings of RR_LOG?

Each rr .cc file has logging that can be enabled by adding the name (sans
.cc) to that environment variable.