Crash when recording clock_gettime

Benjamin King benjaminking at web.de
Tue Aug 29 07:57:27 UTC 2017

Hi Rob,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:40:00AM +0200, Benjamin King wrote:
>I can not reproduce the crash with 4.4.0-93-generic which is the stock kernel
>for Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.
>
>My bad.
>
>I'll figure out the differences in configuration.

There are more differences than I had expected, but I could not spot anything
related to ASLR. I am out of my comfort zone here, however, and may have
missed something.

The stock kernel config also has a Ubuntu specific section that my
custom-built kernel does not have (I took the one from Linus from github).

I believe that I did a "make olddefconfig" with the configuration from a
running stock kernel, but this is a while ago and I don't remember for sure.

My bug resolution would be to continue using the stock kernel, but if you'd
like me to give more information on the kernels that I can see the crash
with, I'll be happy to provide this.

Cheers,
  Benjamin