Xenial's gdb 7.11 breaks rr

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sat May 14 00:32:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Kyle Huey <me at kylehuey.com> wrote:

> Lest I sound too pessimistic here, I'm willing to do the work if getting
> it uplifted seems plausible.  Do the gdb maintainers ship dot releases?

Yes, and I'm pretty sure we could get an rr-related regression fix into
7.11.1.

> Does Ubuntu take them?

They seem to:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty-updates/gdb
http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/gdb

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/gdb did not get an update though. I don't
know what the relationship between trusty-updates and trusty is.

glandium might be able to put us in touch with the right people to make
sure.