next steps for rr

Benoit Girard bgirard at mozilla.com
Fri Mar 11 19:48:20 UTC 2016

I'm looking forward to it!

> I don't plan to make any significant improvements to rr's gdb
integration, because I see it as a dead end.

I think calling this a dead end is really over stating it. Even with
something a UI like Chronomancer++ I would still see use cases better
served with gdb+rr in the same way that I still reach for printf debugging
in some situations. But I don't know what you have planned so perhaps I'll
be pleasantly proven wrong :). I'll try to continue to contribute useful
gdb commands as time allows to help with Gecko debugging in the mean time.