Exposing RR data to GDB

Benoit Girard bgirard at mozilla.com
Sat Jan 16 09:38:24 UTC 2016

I spent tonight experimenting with the UI for RR in GDB. You can find a
screenshot here:
https://github.com/mozilla/rr/pull/1621

My pull request makes it easier to fetch data from RR using GDB commands.
Previously you could only only call functions with one data word and return
one data word at a time. Now you can pass several arguments and return a
string. This allows implementing more advanced commands.

I'm hoping this will make it possible expose better UI and provide a better
interaction with RR.

I experimented a bit with exposing RR Events and showing the previous and
multithreaded bugs.

What would be worth while exposing that would improve debugging? Are there
any low hanging fruits?