Support for other platforms

Sergiy Byelozyorov rryk.ua at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 14:22:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've just learned about rr. It looks amazing on screencast and I am looking
forward using it, however, what immediately strikes me is that it only
works on Linux. Have there been any plans on adding support for other
platforms such as Windows, Mac, iOS and Android? I know little about Linux
internals, but IIUC rr records system calls, context switches, interactions
with file system and signals sent to an application. Did anyone consider
what would need to be recorded on other systems and whether any changes to
the each respective OS core would be needed to support that?

Sergiy