Performance Counter Addresses

Downing, Evan P edowning3 at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 5 01:52:30 UTC 2015

I'm gathering data such as network traffic, plugins installed, files downloaded using Firefox, etc.

I could just use PANDA, but extracting the information could take a long time.

The performance overhead is large.

It would be faster if I used rr to extract preliminary information to determine if the data is worth studying more, and then perform an in-depth analysis using PANDA.

Sort of like zooming in on the problem (using PANDA) once I've discovered it (using rr).

~Evan