Performance Counter Addresses

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sun Oct 4 22:45:19 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Downing, Evan P <edowning3 at gatech.edu>
wrote:

> I am interested in using Mozilla rr on an older version of QEMU.

To clarify: you are interested in running rr *inside* QEMU running in CPU
emulation mode, correct?

Would you mind telling me how to go about finding these addresses for
> "Intel Merom" and if this idea of mine will even work for rr?

My guess is it will not work, because as far as I know, QEMU's CPU
emulation does not support performance counters.

If you tell us what your ultimate goal is, we might be able to offer better
advice.