concurrent rr record sessions on the same binary

Wade Hennessey wadehennessey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:58:14 UTC 2015

Adding more nondeterminism to the scheduler would definitely help.

There is one other approach I've been thinking of, but I don't see any
mention of it. Has Mozilla come up with a framework for automating rr
record sessions with variations in record options and allowed cpu run time?
The idea is to run lots of concurrent record sessions, possibly over an
indefinite period just trying to find a lucky run that exposes a problem.
It doesn't really matter what the problem is, and whole server farms of
machines could possibly just run rr record sessions searching for test runs
that rarely fail. Maybe Mozilla already does this. It doesn't seem like a
hard problem to address, it's just pretty brute force.-wade