introducing a stable branch

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Apr 22 13:08:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> I'm not confident enough in the stability of reverse-exec yet to release
> rr 4.0, but we should do a release to catch up on all the stability and
> syscall coverage improvements on master. So I think I'll push out 3.1 now
> with the caveat that reverse-exec is not fully stable.

I've done the rr 3.1 release. Testing on my 32-bit VM revealed some
regressions in 32-bit rr builds and old kernels, which I fixed, along with
a couple more VMWare bugs that I worked around. Along the way I upgraded my
main kernel and discovered that our handling of tracee seccomp-bpf filters
was totally wrong, and redid that.