RR API Discussion (librr)

Benoit Girard bgirard at mozilla.com
Tue Oct 14 14:15:11 PDT 2014

Some of the things I describe need to interface with some debugger
(like GDB) and I don't think my use case is unique there. You mention
a breakpoint API for instance. Is this something that librr will
implement itself (and if so ptrace process limitations might be a
problem), would librr provide some binding to some debugger, or would
we want to immediate build lib-highlevel-rr which would combine librr
with some debugger bindings? I guess what I'm asking is how do you
foresee the breakpoint API being implemented.