x86-64 progress

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sun Nov 30 18:31:15 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> A few things I'd like to do before releasing rr 3.0:
> -- Support multi-arch recordings with a 64-bit rr build.
> -- Have "make check" with a 64-bit build run all tests in both 32-bit and
> 64-bit.

I've done these now. There were a few gnarly bugs getting 64-bit rr to pass
32-bit tests but they're all fixed AFAIK.

So on master, 64-bit rr builds and passes all tests in both 32-bit and
64-bit mode. On my laptop at least. Given that, I've also pushed a change
to master to make 64-bit builds the default (on a 64-bit system).

> -- Check performance to make sure 64-bit performs well. I don't think
> anyone's looked at it yet and we might be leaving perf on the table.
> -- Do some debugging of 64-bit Firefox.

I still want to do these before releasing 3.0.