script-less tests

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Jul 8 21:07:55 PDT 2014

A lot of our test scripts already do nothing more than "compare_tests
EXIT-SUCCESS". As we expand syscall coverage we'll have to add a lot more
tests like that. So I renamed BASIC_TESTS to TESTS_WITH_PROGRAM and made
BASIC_TESTS refer to tests that just have a <test>.c and share a
"basic_test.run" script that just does "compare_tests EXIT-SUCCESS". This
lets us delete about half the .run scripts in src/test. Along the way I
cleaned up the tests so util.sh figures out the test name automatically and
every .run script has "source `dirname $0`/util.sh" as its first line. Less
boilerplate ==> good!