RFC: releasing version 0.1

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Sep 18 21:20:21 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Chris Jones <jones.chris.g at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> My long term plans do not involve gdb anyway.
>>

> ​Right, I just thought it would have gotten us further in the short term
> :/.  But we'll see how things look in newer OSes.

I don't suggest we give up on gdb. I'm just saying it's no big deal if it's
a bit rough around the edges.

One thing that would help is if there's a way, during recording, at each
fork() or exec(), to dump the rr command that can be used to replay with
debugging of that process/image. Then it should be an easy copy/paste to
select which process you want to debug during replay. That would be better
than anything interactive IMHO.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*