RFC: releasing version 0.1

Chris Jones jones.chris.g at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:16:02 PDT 2013

Howdy,

If you've happened to glance at the 0.1 milestone[1] lately, you'll see
that we should be done with the "release blockers" today or tomorrow.
 After that we'll take a few days trying to squeeze in some easy and
non-risky performance improvements.  Finally, we'll do some last-minute QA
on more realistic development scenarios and fix the important bugs that
shake out of there.  If all goes well, we're probably looking at a release
around October 1st.

So: if you know of an issue that should block the 0.1 release, now is the
time to file it! :)  Note: the "motif" for the 0.1 release is that it's
reasonably fast and stable on common scenarios; it's worth trying out, but
no guarantees it'll be super useful.  This isn't the "big-splash" release,
so the bar for blocking is fairly high, IMHO.

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/rr/issues?milestone=3&state=open