A whitelist for automatic activation of plugins in Firefox

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Tue Mar 4 10:10:32 PST 2014

Because it may reach people who are not on other lists, I wanted to note
a policy that Mozilla recently announced about a whitelist for automatic
plugin activation:

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2014/02/28/update-on-plugin-activation/

The goal of this is to provide additional time for plugin vendors who
are working to move away from plugins and to open web technologies but
haven't finished the transition or where web APIs aren't available.

Please follow up with me directly if you have questions.

--BDS