Sandbox NPAPI

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at apple.com
Tue Mar 20 16:46:45 PDT 2012

02.02.2011, в 14:33, Maciej Stachowiak написал(а):

> We'd like to refine this API and get it going. We think it's critical to have a cross-browser solution for plugin sandboxing, and soon. If it would help, we can implement the proposal in Safari and port a plugin to it, before coming back for further discussion. Hopefully that will reduce the skepticism over whether this approach is workable. We hoped to get rough consensus before proceeding with implementation, but it seems like this may create a chicken-and-egg problem.

A version of this proposal is now implemented in WebKit. We decided to focus our efforts on an OS X solution at this time, so it's been scaled down a bit.

The interface is here: <http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/plugins/npapi-sandbox.h>. It is functional when running Safari with WebKit nightly builds on OS X.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov