Proposal for plugins "opting out" of handling resources

Stuart Morgan stuartmorgan at chromium.org
Wed Mar 14 13:25:17 PDT 2012

For the initialization check: encouraging plugin vendors to have their
plugin decide whether or not to load based on UA seems like an
anti-feature. Can you provide specific examples of reasons a plugin
written in what is intended to be a browser-neutral format would need
to use a browser whitelist or blacklist? A solution that's more
analogous to feature-detection would be much better if it's feasible.

-Stuart