Revised proposal for asynchronous drawing

Josh Aas josh at mozilla.com
Fri Mar 2 07:42:12 PST 2012

Mozilla has updated the async drawing models proposal. We've landed an async bitmap drawing model implementation in our nightly Firefox builds, which we built in order to test the API design. This is pref'd off by default, pending approval of the specification.

http://wiki.mozilla.org/NPAPI:AsyncDrawing

Questions? Comments?

Note: The last mail about this API was in November 2011. It discusses some blocking and paint throttling issues that we've worked to resolve/mitigate.

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/plugin-futures/2011-November/000493.html

--
Josh Aas
Mozilla Corporation