Proposal: Allow plugins to set the document title

Alex Plotnick shrike at netaxs.com
Tue Sep 13 15:14:00 PDT 2011

I've written up a proposal to add a new NPAPI variable, NPPVdocumentTitle,
that allows a plugin to set the document title via a call to NPN_SetValue:

	https://wiki.mozilla.org/NPAPI:DocumentTitle

On the theory that an implemented proposal is more likely to be taken
seriously than a mere wishlist item, I've developed a prototype
implementation for Mozilla; bug 686568 contains a patch. This is my
first forray into this part of the Mozilla codebase (and indeed my
first venture back into the tree at all in a decade), so I'm sure there
are bugs; a review from someone with knowledge of the area would be
appreciated.

Comments, questions, revisions, and criticism on both the proposal
and the implementation are all welcome.

Thanks,

	-- Alex