Proposal: Allow Mac plug-ins access to the contents scale factor

Anders Carlsson andersca at apple.com
Mon Sep 12 10:04:12 PDT 2011

On Sep 11, 2011, at 9:24 PM, Brett Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> Are NPP_SetWindow coordinates and other coordinates used in NPAPI intended
>> to be logical pixels or backing store pixels?
>
> Better be in backing store pixels since this is what it is today, and
> it will introduce confusion to change this (and rounding errors, since
> I don't think the coords are floats).

Since we don't want to resize plug-ins, the NPWindow coordinates will be in logical coordinates (and thus won't change when the pixel density changes). Since we don't allow non-integral scale factors, we won't get any rounding errors.

Also, all event coordinates in the Cocoa event model use doubles so there are no rounding errors there either.

- Anders