Sandbox NPAPI

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Wed Feb 2 18:58:35 PST 2011

> That said,
> nobody has to use them if they'd prefer to manage file access in a different way. Does it cause a problem for
> your product to have these calls present and offered to plugins?

	True, we could certainly ignore them in our plugin.

	The big issue that I still haven't heard a good example of a real-world (preferably existing) plugin that would need ONLY THOSE APIs and not have to build a broker. If you can convince me that there is a valid use case for JUST THOSE APIs (and nothing else) - then great, I'd fully support.   But right now, I can't think of a single plugin that would use them - and thus, they don't belong and are just cluttering things up.

Leonard