Thoughts on Pepper

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Mon May 3 14:26:09 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Rudi Sherry <rsherry at adobe.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how this applies to Adobe Reader, which uses NPAPI; is showing
> PDFs and interacting with them part of the Web APIs or intended to be so?

I am suggesting that a native-code PDF reader could use Web APIs as the
basis for its implementation of PDF. For example, it could use canvas (2D
and 3D) for display, DOM event handlers, Web APIs for file open and save,
etc.

Of course it would take a lot of work to port an existing reader to that
model, and there would be limitations. But the same is true for Pepper.

Rob
53:5-6]