Advanced Key Handling updates

Rafal Chlodnicki rchl2k at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 10:33:10 PDT 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:22:03 +0200, Josh Aas <josh at mozilla.com> wrote:

> The Advanced Key Handling (AKH) spec has been updated for clarity and
> support variables have been assigned.
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/NPAPI:AdvancedKeyHandling
>
> Support for AKH has been committed to the npapi-headers repository.
> We're hoping to implement soon.

"When a plugin takes focus, it will receive an NPP_GotFocus call before
receiving any events that might have given it focus, such as a mouse
click. The plugin may not receive the event that gave it focus if the
browser considers itself to have handled the event by giving focus to the
plugin."

This is a bit unclear to me. Clicking windowless plugin that is not active
should give it focus and handle click. This is how it works right now.
This sentence above asserts that first should activate plugin but not be
handled by plugin. So additional step (click) would be required to
actually trigger action in plugin.
Is that expected or I'm reading it wrong?