NPAPI visibility notification proposal

Tinic Uro turo at adobe.com
Thu Jul 8 12:57:59 PDT 2010

Seems like I am not the only one with this issue. The clip rect is not properly managed on any platform today today to access this information. It prevents plugins from throttling. I've studied the Firefox code for a while but did not see a way to retrofit this into NPP_SetWindow properly using the current architecture, especially GtkPlug. In addition NPWindow::clipRect is currently only meaningful for the Mac. Changing the behavior would likely break existing plugins.

Also see the table I posted a while ago:

http://blog.kaourantin.net/?p=83

--tinic