moving core animation drawing model to accepted status

Benoit Girard bgirard at mozilla.com
Mon Feb 22 18:23:24 PST 2010

Hi Kevin,

We have been trying to use CARenderer to implement the drawing model however I can't get it to render the Presentation Layer and I get a segfault when trying to render a QTMovieLayer. I currently have an active DTS support request but I have not heard back from them in a week. Does CARenderer make any additional assumptions from what is listed in the class documentation or is there any example demonstrating its proper usage?

I have a sample project where I've been experimenting with CARenderer however I can't get it to render consistently with how the CALayer would appear if it was backed by an NSView.
http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~bgirard/CAAnimationCapture.tar

Benoit