"find in page", was: A more extensible Pepper plugin interface

John Abd-El-Malek jam at chromium.org
Fri Apr 30 08:07:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de>wrote:

> On 29.04.2010 17:57, Brett Wilson wrote:

>> error-prone than checking version numbers. Likewise, an advanced
>> plugin may want to participate in "find in page" or support printing
>> (two things currently in the Pepper header), so would expose those
>> interfaces to the browser. Most plugins wouldn't care about this, so
>>

> "find in page" -- I don't see that in <
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Plugins:PlatformIndependentNPAPI> -- is that Wiki
> page up-to-date?

Apologies for the wiki being out of date.  The Pepper development is moving
very fast to support internal plugins and we're lagging.  Here's the latest
header:
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/third_party/npapi/bindings/npapi_extensions.h?view=markup

<http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/third_party/npapi/bindings/npapi_extensions.h?view=markup>The
find APIs start with "StartFind".