standard NPAPI headers

Evan Martin evan at chromium.org
Tue Apr 27 12:14:31 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Josh Aas <josh at mozilla.com> wrote:
> We are hoping that browser vendors will sync headers with this project. Even when browser vendors don't have an exact copy of these headers, it should be easy to use 'diff' to see differences. Mozilla is planning to sync with this repository and we are working on resolving issues so that WebKit and Chromium can sync.

I took a glance at merging these files.

Some notes from the Chromium headers:

- Our npruntime.h claims to be Revision 9, while yours claims 8.
 * Revision 9 (August 12, 2004):
 * Changed NPVariantType enum values to form PVariantType_XXX
 * Added NPP arguments to NPObject functions.
 * Replaced NPVariant functions with macros.

- All the functions that take no arguments (e.g.
NPP_GetMIMEDescription) should be like void foo(void) rather than void
foo().  The distinction only matters in C, but these headers are used
from C code too.

- We pulled all the X11-related typedefs out into a separate file,
because Xlib likes to #define useful names like "Status".  I'm not
sure if it should be a concern of yours, since it's kind of hacky to
work around.  Just something to consider.