Linux Firefox Rendering Changes, 3.5 -> 3.6

Mike Melanson mike at
Tue Apr 13 22:03:55 PDT 2010

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> The biggest change we did that affected plugins was to eliminate native
> widgets for IFRAMEs and overflow:auto elements, so that the parent
> widget for all plugins is associated with the root of the toplevel
> content document.

Okay, yeah, that's exactly what we're noticing. The iframes don't seem
to have their own windows anymore.

> There were no fundamental changes in rendering model, but there were
> some general rendering changes that exposed bugs in the Linux Flash
> plugin in windowless mode (see
> ).

Thanks. This is a separate issue. The problem we see only occurs in
normal, windowed mode.

     -Mike Melanson