Create Pepper rendering part API proposal.

Oleg Romashin romaxa at
Tue Apr 13 13:48:05 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Brett Wilson <brettw at> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Oleg Romashin <romaxa at> wrote:
> > I'm was thinking about NPP_DrawImage, and rendering part of Pepper NPAPI
> > proposal.
> >
> > Would it be possible to create separate partial proposal only for
> rendering
> > part of PEPPER NPAPI?
> > I think it would be much more easy to push PEPPER API incrementally, step
> by
> > step...
> This was basically the intent of my email "Enabling more efficient
> transparent windowless painting" which fixes the inefficiencies for
> windowless transparent plugins with minimal changes from a browser or
> plugin perspective. I don't think there is much value in a yet another
> intermediate step.

As I understand this proposal is only about new
NPPVpluginTransparentAlphaBool value?

I think Pepper render API part not really dependent on this... because we
can workaround problem with transparent rendering by rendering page content
into 2DContext, or do double paint to black/white background with alpha
Br, Oleg