Enabling more efficient transparent windowless painting

Rafal Chlodnicki rchl2k at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:34:39 PDT 2010

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:39:44 +0200, Carlos Pizano <cpu at google.com> wrote:

> In case it was lost in the discussion is that in this mode you don't
> have to capture bits and call into the plugin while scrolling. My
> guess is that this will make scrolling like 10x better.

Currently browsers do not request paint while scrolling either. Only do
that when plugin moves into viewport.

Unless there is something like fixed positioned background or similar edge
case where of course it's needed. This proposal could be useful in such
case.

But as far as I understand it's meant to make things better for
multi-process architectures primarily so everything else is just be a
bonus.