NPP_DrawImage NPAPI proposal.

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Thu Apr 8 14:12:53 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Antoine Labour <piman at google.com> wrote:

> Another point: significant work has already been invested into the platform
> independent NPAPI to redefine 2D drawing into something that works better
> for untrusted and OOP plugins, and that work is supported by 2 browser
> vendors

Hmm, who other than Chrome?

and 1 major plugin vendor (see
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Plugins:PlatformIndependentNPAPI#2D_Rendering ),
> so I would suggest bringing your thoughts into the design there, rather than
> bringing a 3rd drawing model to the table.

There is no consensus that Pepper is the future of NPAPI, and it's such a
huge API that implementing Pepper well in a browser is a very large project.
I don't think we should allow the possibility of Pepper in the future to
block incremental improvements to the rest of NPAPI.

Rob
53:5-6]