login.persona.org/verify will be turned off soon

Francois Marier francois at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 6 17:30:31 PDT 2012

When we moved over to persona.org we were not perfectly clear on what
URL should be used for the verification service.  We would like everyone
to use:

  https://verifier.login.persona.org/verify

It has come to our attention that because
https://login.persona.org/verify currently works, some folks have
changed their code to use that URL.

We would like to disable this URL before this becomes widespread, so
that we have more flexibility to scale the service in the future to
respond to increasing usage.

Therefore, we will be turning off login.persona.org/verify on *Monday*.

If you are still using the old browserid.org domain, no action is
required at this time.

- Persona team