Show password control

Mike Connor mconnor at mozilla.com
Mon Mar 30 18:29:13 UTC 2015

Thoughts:

* I'd like to see this in content, including while entering a password for
the first time.  (Especially on mobile.)

* I'd be worried about l10n (read: German) and long passwords with this
mockup.  Font/dialog sizes on other platforms should also be considered.
Especially if this will work in all password fields.

* Given that Windows 8+ have a standard control for this, I'd be inclined
to test that specific icon instead of text, at least on Windows.  I'd make
it a toggle, not a click'n'hold. Main point is a fixed, predictable size
and affordance.

* There should probably be a way to hide the password again.

-- Mike