JS return android ID

Wesley Johnston wjohnston at mozilla.com
Tue May 20 09:26:58 PDT 2014

I'm not sure what Fence is, but if you want to try and access Java constants in JS, you might try using JNI.jsm. We ship a really limited version that won't do enough for you, but there's a pretty nice version at:

https://github.com/mozilla-services/product-announcements-test-addon/blob/master/jni.jsm

that we've been looking to include in Fennec (bug 918309). With it you can do something like (I'm writing this out of my head, so it may be very wrong):

  let Secure = JNI.LoadClass(jenv, "android.provider.Settings.Secure", {
    static_fields: [
      { name: "ANDROID_ID", sig: "I" }
    ],
  });

and then just use Secure.ANDROID_ID in your code.

That help?

- Wes