Firefox Search update

Eric Edens eedens at mozilla.com
Tue Jun 17 12:42:46 PDT 2014

The mobile frontend team is working on a search provider for Android,
and I wanted to give a quick update.

# Background
This addition to Firefox for Android adds an up-swipe handler: from
anywhere in the phone, swipe up, and our search interface gets
launched.

# Why?
We think that privacy and choice are important. We'd like to spread this
love to other parts of Android.

# Demo
To start playing with the search activity install the latest prototype
[1]. Alternatively, we'll start shipping this in Firefox for Android
nightly really soon.

# Want to help out?
If you're interested in this stuff and want to help out: great! We're
currently designing the architecture [2], and very soon we'll be doing a
re-write on the prototype. Sound fun? Let us know!

# More info?
For more info and some great mockups, check out our wiki page [3]. Or
check out some screenshots [4].

-- Eric

1.
http://people.mozilla.org/~eedens/search/bin/FirefoxSearch_20140611.apk