network channel priorities

Bradford Lassey blassey at mozilla.com
Tue Jan 14 11:21:08 PST 2014

Jason Duel called out in the platform engineering meeting that we have
the ability (and should use it) to set priorities on channels.
Specifically he called out bug 802573, where loading favicons was
getting in the way of loading pages, but suggested it be used anywhere
where we're loading something over the network that the user isn't
specifically waiting for.

Code for setting it looks like this:

priorityChannel->AdjustPriority(nsISupportsPriority::PRIORITY_LOWEST);

where priorityChannel is an instance of nsISupportsPriority.

-Brad