[Input Requested] Handling Downloads on Froyo (2.2)

Richard Newman rnewman at mozilla.com
Tue Feb 25 19:05:40 PST 2014

> Unfortunately, the DownloadManager system service was not available until Gingerbread so we have a few alternatives for Froyo devices that I’d like some input on:

No point in optimizing the experience for 2% and falling, so the only question is: which option is the least amount of work?

That sounds like (1) to me, unless the maintenance and testing effort for that is bigger than it seems.

(2) sounds like "rewrite the download system twice". (3) sounds like "rewrite the download system twice".