Proposal to temporarily suspend Autophone Network shaping

Mark Finkle mfinkle at mozilla.com
Fri Feb 7 11:46:41 PST 2014

> Proposal: Stop using ipfw+dummynet beginning with 2014-02-08 builds.
> Revisit in a few days to see if we should turn ipfw+dummynet back on
> before we have the ethernet over usb solution in hand.

Sounds fine to me. Knowing ahead of time is half the battle :)

Also, I think autophone is mostly stable with regard to recent regressions, so I don't think we'd lose anything we'd need for regression chasing. At least nothing we wouldn't already have trouble using because of time and other code landing.