how to add experimental feature(HW acceleration for webrtc) into firefox

Lu, Qiang qiang.lu at intel.com
Tue Feb 4 01:55:04 PST 2014

Hi there,

I am working on an experimental feature on firefox(fennec) which is apply VP8 hardware acceleration to webrtc stack.

As far as I know, only few devices support VP8 hardware acceleration in the market(x86 & arm) right now and all of them still not work stable.

So, if I want to contribute this experimental feature to firefox and want it not affect normal user, whether I can create a new preference(say, media.webrtc.hardware.enable) and set it to false as default?

Any suggestions are welcome.

BR,
Lu Qiang