Delayed startup for Fennec

Wesley Johnston wjohnston at mozilla.com
Sat Feb 1 20:29:57 PST 2014

I finally landed bug 964510 in Fennec tonight, which should fix some recent startup regressions we've seen. The bug adds two new notifications, "browser-delayed-startup-finished" for javascript code and "Gecko:DelayedStartup" for Java code. Both fire once after the first page load. If you have features that need to initialize themselves at startup, but don't care if they miss the first page load, they should be your new friends. If you're aware of places in the current codebase that could use them, please file bugs :)

Thanks,
Wes