Profile size: big offenders

Gavin Sharp gavin at gavinsharp.com
Sat Feb 1 14:04:29 PST 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Richard Newman <rnewman at mozilla.com> wrote:
> 288K key4.db               -- I don't even know what this is.

key4.db is what NSS uses instead of key3.db when its SQLite backend is
enabled (which AFAIK is not the default yet). Seems strange that it'd
be in your profile without you knowing it!

> 512K addons.sqlite
>  23K addons.json               -- ** Does this means addons.sqlite can be deleted?

>  11K extensions.json
> 448K extensions.sqlite          -- ** Why is this different to addons? Why is it so big? Why do we have so many DBs?!

Both these sqlite files should disappear (fallout from bug 853388 /
bug 853389). I thought there was a followup bug on file to delete
them, but I can't find it.

Gavin