Blanket approval for Metro-only uplifts to Aurora 28

Matt Brubeck mbrubeck at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 17 10:01:51 PST 2014

To help reduce bottlenecks and triage work, we have decided that
*Metro-only *patches for v1 blocker bugs (tagged with beta28 or
release28) can land on mozilla-aurora without explicit approval.

Metro engineers can land these patches on aurora with "a=metro-only" in
the commit message.  Or you can mark your bugs "checkin-needed" with a
note in the whiteboard specifying uplift to Aurora, and I (or RyanVM if
he beats me to it) will land them.

*IMPORTANT*:  Patches that touch any files used outside of Metro Firefox
(basically anything outside of /browser/metro and /widget/windows/winrt)
still need to go through the explicit approval process.  And once
Firefox for Metro is on the Beta channel, we will require explicit
approval for uplifts to mozilla-beta.

This decision was based on discussions between Lukas Blakk (release
management), Ryan VanderMeulen (sheriffs), and me (metro).  Let us know
if you have any questions.