Q1 Goals request for help

Asa Dotzler asa at mozilla.com
Wed Jan 16 13:40:41 PST 2013

Hi team.  I owe the organization a Metro goal for Q1 and it's due
tomorrow morning at 10 am Pacific time. After a bit of discussion with
Finkle and Johnath and raising it with the team this  morning at the
work week, here's my recommendation for our Q1 goal.

Metro Firefox Q1:
* Integrate with mozilla-central and announce that to grow our Windows 8
testers on m-c
* Deliver a preview/milestone that has a feature complete Awesome screen
experience.
* OMTC and C++ async pan zoom controller integrated with Metro Firefox

The first two can be joined if we want a simpler goal, "Deliver a
preview off of mozilla central that has a feature complete Awesome
screen experience. The third item concerns me a bit more because the GFX
team is talking about landing in March which, at best, is pretty late in
the quarter and we'll have some Metro-side work to do after they land
before we can actually expose the goodness to users.

What do you all think?

- A